Founded in 1982, the Marin Interfaith Council (MIC) is a respectful collaborative – celebrating faith traditions, advocating justice and building community. MIC’s partners include over 52 congregations, 8 religious organizations, and 19 nonprofits.
MIC Celebrates Faith Traditions by engaging the important questions of life. MIC cultivates community discussion of values and appreciation of different beliefs through educational and experiential programs for the public.
MIC Advocates Justice by mobilizing congregations, nonprofits, and faith based organizations around issues that affect the community. Our programs model constructive dialogue and Build Community between individuals (religious and nonreligious), congregations, and nonprofit organizations.
MIC’s programming includes:
Celebrating Faith Traditions
- Monthly Interfaith Meditations
- Annual Interfaith Prayer Breakfast
- Partnerships with the Marin Organizing Committee (MOC), Marin Interfaith Climate Action (MICA), Marin Environmental Housing Collective (MEHC), and local advocacy groups
- Co-Sponsored events addressing: homelessness, affordable housing, immigrant rights, racial justice, climate change, and many more within Marin County.
- Visionary Marin (Annual Event to Honor Visionary Leaders in Marin)
- Interfaith Retreats
- Religious Leaders Gatherings